The CHOVINTEL is a liquid thixotropic polyurethane-bitumen waterproofing and protecting membrane. Suitable for the reinforcement of the bituminous, EPDM and PVC membranes. Single-component product that once applied forms an elastic seamless (no joints) waterproofing membrane with excellent mechanical and bonding characteristics, resistance to weathering, extreme temperatures and UV rays.
- Reinforcement of bituminous, EPDM and PVC membranes.
- Reinforcement of singular points.
- Half-round/edges and surfaces sealing.
- Asphalt pavements sealing.
- Concrete and bituminous emulsions.
Not suitable for swimming pools waterproofing.
- Excellent resistance to extreme temperatures (-40º and 80ºC). Thermal shock temperature: 150ºC.
- High mechanical, tensile and elastic strength >600%.
- Excellent resistance to chemical agents.
- Suitable to be applied in a single heavy coat without forming bubbles.
- Excellent bonding over most building surfaces: galvanized steel, oxidized metal, stainless steel, PVC, concrete …
- Thixotropic properties (does not drop in vertical position).
- Easy application and suitable for the waterproofing of complex areas of difficult waterproofing access for bituminous, EPDM or PVC membranes.
- The membrane if fully watertight and resists permanent contact with water, hydrolysis and microorganisms.
- Suitable as a vapour barrier with a water vapour permeability above 10 Mns/g.